Event website + announcement
- create a proper homepage about the event (could still be in the wiki, or maybe a separate website? with
- schedule information
- venue information
- travel information
- contact information (-> sysmocom RT)
- registration form (and fee/payment info?)
#3 Updated by laforge about 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- use OSEM (overkill, but looks really nice from using the demo site they provide)
- seems like they only have one payment provider, which we'd have to use and integrate in our accounting :/
- use Odoo website_event (but then, we really don't want to give access to Odoo to the general public for security reasons)
- a static website built with nikola (maybe even simply on sysmocom.de) and add the tickets simply to the sysmocom webshop.
- use some web-based service like eventbee (but they all seem to be based in the US, and we generally don't like SaaS for philosophical reasons)
OSEM would have the advantage that we can also manage the event schedule there, as well as a CfP etc. It might be a bit of an overkill, but soemhow I like it. should be future-proof, too.
#6 Updated by laforge about 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 40 to 50
Finally managed to get osem running in a lxc container on my internal network. Looks quite nice, I entered all the events we currently have planned for OsmoCon2017, aligned them in the schedule, defined a ticket, etc.
There's no built-in feture to change the speker of a talk (speaker is always the submitter), but this should be possible to change in the sql (in the worst case). I'll have to test the payment integration and e-mail interface, but after that it's more or less ready to go public.