Review osmo-gsm-tester code
The current unreliability of the osmo-gsm-tester is partly due to the internal code structures.
My plan for the osmo-gsm-tester would be to pick the interesting bits of the current
implementation and basically wrap those in a rewrite of the "outer" structures.
The interesting pickable cherries of working code are:
- Jenkins builds of binaries for BTS models and dispatch to the tester box
- ofono interaction (pending ofono stability improvements?)
- BTS updating and interaction
- BTS/NITB config templates
- Jenkins XML reporting
Parts in particular need of rethink/rewrite:
- User-config of available hardware and resource management (should be simpler)
- How to write (new) tests for the system (have a clear API)
- Error handling and overall stability (sane exception handling)
- Logging (log far less, but more of the interesting information)
- Content value of Jenkins XML reports