CTRL interface encapsulation over IPA link is missing when using libosmo-sigtran
When OsmoBSC uses libosmo-sigtran for the A interface transport, it misses the capabiliy to transport/encapsulate the MGCP messages inside the IPA multiplex (like used towards osmo-bsc_nat). This must be ported over from old OsmoBSC.
- Related to Feature #1843: Add SCCP/M3UA signaling transport as alternative to IPA multiplex to osmo-bsc added
To be 100% sure, this is not about the CTRL-Interface right?
Problem here: I still do not have a working ONW setup. The RTP streams get stuck somewhere, would be nice if we could fix this.
- Priority changed from Low to High
- Assignee changed from dexter to laforge
- Category set to A interface
During a recent discussion it became aparrent how important this is for deployments behind NAT. There's one IPA/SCCPlite connection between BSC and BSC-NAT, and that connection must handle BSSMAP, CTRL, MGCP and possibly more.
Architecture-wise, we'll have to add some mode in which CTRL (in libosmoctrl) can register/bind to a sub-flow of the libosmonetif IPA stream creted by libosmo-sigtran. Not yet sure how it will look in the end.
- Related to Bug #2544: IPA/SCCPlite not fully supported from new osmo-bsc.git added
- % Done changed from 0 to 70
patch has been merged. TTCN-3 test pending.
- Assignee changed from laforge to neels
Assigning this to neels as he's doing SCCPlite interop testing. After having completed native SCCPLite, it is getting time to test against the osmo-extended IPA multiplex of bsc-nat, where this issue becomes relevant.
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee changed from neels to laforge
I am not active in this direction, please reassign...
- Assignee changed from laforge to pespin
Also available in: Atom