SMSC: ESME sending an sms with registered_delivery=0x01 not receiving delivery_sn message
While writing osmo-gsm-tester smpp test to check use of Store&Forward mode, I run into the following scenario:
- Core network + BTS is turned on, no MS available yet
- An esme connects to the SMSC, and sends an SMS ("submit_sm" message with mode="Store&Forward" and registered_delivery=0x01) to an MS which is still not registered into the network.
- Power on the MS, it registers with the network
- The MS receives the stored SMS
- NO Delivery Receipt is received at the ESME side
The ESME should receive a Delivery Receipt (deliver_sm message) as shown in SMPP Protocol Reference v3.4: "Figure 2-7: Typical SMPP sequence for a registered store and forward message".