Plan automatic OsmoBSC AoIP testing
In order to automatize testing of OsmoBSC and validate its AoIP interop with both OsmoMSC and the NG40 core network simulator, we need to figure out what is the best way for the BTS+MS side.Options that come to mind are:
- osmo-bts-virtual + virt_phy + OsmocomBB
- fully working setup with multiple instances of 'mobile'
- no management/orchestration of multiple instances or scriptability
- osmo-bts-virutal + virt_phy + osmo-ttcn3-hacks
- currently no LAPDm implementation (so only paging/SI/RR)
- but: Ericsson-provided L3 PDU encoding / decoding routines!
- osmo-gsm-tester based, with real BTS + MS
- osmo-gsm-tester doesn't care much abotu the internals of the core network, so whether OsmoBSC+OsmMSC or OsmoBSC+NG40 is tested shouldn't matter much?
So let's try to figure out what is the best strategy here. It might also be a mixture of different approaches.