network:osmocom:nightly packages have VERSION="UNKNOWN"
It seems that the way the nightly packages are generated doesn't involve "make dist" and hence no ".tarball-version" file is part of the archive, which in turn menas that the pkg-config .pc files contain "UNKNOWN" as version string.
This is what currently happens to osmo-hlr (libosmo-gsup-client) and is why osmo-msc can not be built after migrating over to using libosmo-gsup-client.
- % Done changed from 0 to 40
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Priority changed from Immediate to Urgent
- % Done changed from 40 to 80
patch merged, new nightly build running
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 80 to 100
patch merged, osmo-msc nightly OBS builds "green" again.
- Related to Feature #3555: debian-repo-install-test: check if binaries report UNKNOWN as version string added
- Related to Bug #3551: A few projects still set up .tarball-version incorrectly in debian/rules added
- Related to Bug #3661: latest stable packages report "UNKNOWN" as version string in --version added
Also available in: Atom