user manuals are not part of debian "-doc" packages
Now that the user manuals are built alongside the source code, it would be very useful if the user manuals + VTY reference manuals were also packaged in a "-doc" debian sub-package, i.e. that osmo-bts-doc would contain the osmo-bts usermanual + vty reference manual.
#2 Updated by osmith about 1 month ago
- Checklist item osmo-gsm-manuals: merge all patches added
- Checklist item osmo-ci: merge "OBS: build osmo-gsm-manuals-dev in nightly" added
- Checklist item OBS: verify that osmo-gsm-manuals-dev builds in nightly added
- Checklist item osmo-bts: merge "debian: create -doc subpackage with pdf manuals" added
- Checklist item OBS: verify that osmo-bts-doc builds in nightly added
- Checklist item osmo-gsm-manuals: tag version added
- Checklist item osmo-ci: create "OBS: build osmo-gsm-manuals-dev in latest" added
- Checklist item osmo-ci: merge "OBS: build osmo-gsm-manuals-dev in latest" added
- Checklist item OBS: verify that osmo-gsm-manuals-dev builds in latest added
- Checklist item all osmo repos: create "debian: create -doc subpackage with pdf manuals" added
- Checklist item all osmo repos: merge "debian: create -doc subpackage with pdf manuals" added
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- create osmo-gsm-manuals-dev debian package
- create osmo-bts-doc package (as example, other repos will follow)
- adjust osmo-ci to build osmo-gsm-manuals-dev
- osmo-gsm-manuals-dev builds (
dpkg-buildpackage -tc -uc -usand with
pbuilderto make sure that dependencies are right)
- osmo-bts builds with the new osmo-gsm-manuals-dev package and installs the manuals to
pespin, since you have been doing the packaging for the most part, can you review the patches?
(The patches depending on others are set to WIP. As usually, on what they depend is listed in the commit message.)
#4 Updated by osmith about 1 month ago
The OBS nightly job fails to build osmo-gsm-manuals-dev right now. It seems that a proper version is required, even for the nightly job: https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/Osmocom_OBS_nightly/54/console
Therefore I have prepared a 0.1.0 release here:
#6 Updated by osmith about 1 month ago
- % Done changed from 50 to 60
Release is tagged, the nightly jenkins job runs again. It uploads the source packages successfully.
However, OBS only builds the Ubuntu 18.04 and 18.10 packages so far. Packages for other distros have dependency issues:
I'm looking into it.
#7 Updated by osmith about 1 month ago
There were two dependency issues:
- "have choice for jadetex needed by docbook-utils: jadetex texlive-formats-extra"
- Resolved by adjusting the project config
- asciidoc-dblatex does not exist in debian 8, but is necessary in debian 9
- Will be resolved by these two patches:
For some reason, the osmo-gsm-manuals-dev deb is empty when built in OBS (although it has all data locally). Therefore osmo-bts failed to build with the osmo-gsm-manuals package from OBS. I've reverted the patch that makes use of osmo-gsm-manuals-dev in osmo-bts for now. Next up for me is looking into why that package is empty on OBS, creating a fix, and testing everything in my own OBS namespace before merging to master.