OsmoCon2017 » History » Version 1
- Table of contents
OsmoCon (Osmocom Conference) 2017 is the first technical conference for Osmocom users, operators and developers!
9 years after starting the Free Software GSM network side implementation that became known as the OpenBSC project and its many siblings, it is about time to bring together the user, operator and developer community around the project for a full day of technical conferences around the Osmocom cellular infrastructure projects.
Save the Date: OsmoCon 2017 is scheduled on April 21st, 2017
The exact Venue is still TBD, but will be in the city of Berlin, Germany
The detailed Agenda is TBD and is discussed in Issue #1887.
Topics are selected based on how relevant they are to users / operators of Osmocom based cellular networks and will likely include:
- running a basic circuit-switched GSM network
- interfacing a VoIP operator and/or PBXs via SIP
- running GPRS/EDGE data services with OsmoPCU, OsmoSGSN and OpenGGSN
- fundamental GSM radio frequency planning
- setting up + running "3G in a Box" with osmo-iuh, OsmoCSCN, OsmoSGSN and OpenGGSN
- GSUP + core network elements for roaming integration
- using the osmocom control interface
- efficiently investigate and report issues using wireshark, GSMTAP and libosmocore logging
- Osmocom infrastructure, redmine, git, gerrit, jenkins.. (the policy and tradition as much as the tech)
Tickets / Pricing¶
Tickets will be available for purchase soon. The pricing will be very low and used to cover costs of the event only.
Event organization and planning is provided by sysmocom
Sponsoring opportunities do exist. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.