better identification of BTS model / capabilities to BSC
- the BSC needs to be told which BTS model it is
- the BSC needs to be told the nominal transmit power of each TRX
- the BSC needs to be told about the codec capabilities, etc.
In order to reduce the currently seemingly endless possbilities how somebody can end up with a non-working
configuration, it would be good if the BTS would express its capabilities towards the BSC. As there is
no standard in the Abis specs for this, we have to come up with a mechanism of our own.
It might be a vendor-specific OML request from BSC to BTS, which we could use to determine from BSC side if the BTS supports this request at all (if not, proceed as usual). This would also ensure backwards compatibility with nanoBTS or older OsmoBTS versions.
- OsmoBTS version number string
- OsmoPCU version number string
- OsmoBTS variant
- per-TRX PHY version number
- per-TRX nominal transmit power
- BTS sub-model
- BTS bit-mask of capabilities
- TRX bit-mask of capabilities