Document existing statistics/counters of OsmoNITB, OsmoSGSN, OsmoBTS, OsmoPCU
there are some statistics/counters available in OsmoNITB, OsmoSGSN, OsmoBTS, OsmoPCU
Please identify all of them and add documentation in the respective user manual.
#5 Updated by lynxis about 2 years ago
how the old counters (statistics.c), the newer ones (rate_ctr.c) and the new stats system (stats.c) work together.
statistics.c ---> stats.c rate_ctr.c -| stat_item.c -| (group description has the same struct, items not)
I'll create a command to generate asciidoc tables which then included into the documentation.
#6 Updated by lynxis about 2 years ago
similiar to the table osmobts-abis.pdf Table 9: Messages compliant with TS 12.21
#7 Updated by laforge about 2 years ago
- find a way to programmatically export the rate_ctr and stats_ctr similar in principle to what we do with the vty for generating the vty reference manual
- attempt to genrate one asciidoc table per counter group
- the table should contain a hyperlink to a chapter-anchor which is generate dfrom the counter name in the code
- the asciidoc output can then be amended with human-written further details about each of the counters
Legacy 'osmo_counter' do not require programmatic export, it should be sufficient to list them manually. Thet should be phased out and will probably be replaced by one of the later counters.
#10 Updated by laforge over 1 year ago
'show asciidoc counters' is working for quite some time. However, I cannot see the output inside the osmocom user manuals yet. I also couldn't find a branch in osmo-gsm-manuals.git which I could merge. Somehow I think this feature existed, but where can I find the code to merge automatic inclusion in the manuals? Lynxis?
- BTS doesn't have any counters.
- MGW doesn't have any counters.
- GGSN doesn't have any counters.
- HLR doesn't even have the required vty command. Missing vty stats init?
laforge: I've dropped the NITB part. Is this ok?