extend/complete OsmoSGSN user manual
The OsmoSGSN user manual is less complete than some of the other user manuals we have in the osmo-gsm-manuals project. Let's try to change that.
Add/fix help string for version option
osmo-sgsn was missing the help text of the -V option
gb_proxy still thought of itself as OpenBSC
Omit the name of the program in the help text to avoid such issues in
osmo-sgsn: Fix outdated information in usermanual
Quite a few features that are listed as not-implemented in the overview
section are actually implemented now.
configuration.adoc: Small fixes
Fix some typos, correct data compression command, add example to turn
#9 Updated by daniel almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Stalled to In Progress
- % Done changed from 20 to 40
Reading through the manual now and came across a couple questions/remarks:
- Ch. 4.2.4 LLC Implementation says there is no header/data compression. I think the compression dexter implemented (RFC1144 and V.42bis) is meant here even though it talks about IP header compression in the overview, but TCP/IP header compression in ch. 9.5.
- LLC encryption is now supported since the SGSN can connect to the HLR. It seems only GEA3 and GEA4 are implemented in libosmocore.
- In the limitations only paging coordination and SMS over PS remain?
So far I went through the overview and running chapters, going to look at configuring and Gb next.