osmo-mgcp-gw: Fix: cleanup of transaction IDs aka port numbers to be used by the MGCP gw
OsmoMSC tells the MGCP-GW which port to assign for voice calls. For that purpose, we have a very lean mgcpgw_client.c implementation.
This implementation utterly lacks proper cleanup: it simply increments the transaction ID used to assign a port number to new voice calls.
Practically, at some point all ports have been used once and the entire system will break down.
Implement proper cleanup and management of the transaction IDs, so that the MGCP-GW re-uses ports.
Possibly discuss this first.
#3 Updated by neels over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee changed from neels to dexter
- http://git.osmocom.org/openbsc/commit/?h=aoip&id=b8012aad098444a83014d40a4a84b62a4be4c59a "mgcp: use mgcp DLCX command to terminate endpoint after call is done"
- http://git.osmocom.org/openbsc/commit/?h=aoip&id=d7bf0dcae8f8e6b2ade7032057dfed5601a3cb4b "mgcp: improve endpoint management"
- http://git.osmocom.org/openbsc/commit/?h=aoip&id=cf04ac42b1981805b028ea02d42456d53299e62d "mgcp: release no longer used endpoint identifiers"
Despite this only being on the aoip branch and not on master, the aoip branch marks "the future master". Let's resolve this issue.