automatic testing of osmo-mgw / jenkins integration
Currently we test osmo-mgw with unit tests. It might make sense to run some more realistic tests. The idea is to start osmo-mgw in a testrig that then makes test connections and sends test data. The testrig could be a python program or even a TTCN3 test.Some ideas:
- Send command (e.g. CRCX) and inspect resulting internal states via VTY also check response for plausibility
- Send odd command sequences, check if the expected error codes are generated.
- Send malformed messages or incomplete messages, check if the expected error codes are generated
- Create a full connection, send RTP packets through, check if the RTP packets take the right path
- Create a loopback connection, send RTP packets, check if the packets are reflected correctly
#5 Updated by laforge about 2 months ago
- Checklist item execute mgw test automatically by jenkins (like ggsn or sysinfo tests) added
- Subject changed from automatic testing of osmo-mgw to automatic testing of osmo-mgw / jenkins integration
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
I've implemented quite a bit as the mgw test in ttcn-3. Please make sure that it is automatically executed nightly by jenkins, just like the other TTCN-3 tests.