Have "osmo-network-check" to verify "Network In The Box" setup
- static configuration
- if all the intended processes are running (using "ps" output)
- if the telnet of all processes is reachable
- if any expected TCP/UDP/SCTP ports (like OML/RSL/AoIP/...) are reachable
- runtime checks (mostly via CTRL, add interface where needed)
- does OsmoBSC report a BTS connected?
- does OsmoBSC think its SIGTRAN/AoIP link to STP is up?
- does OsmoSTP think that its links to BSC and MSC are up?
- does OsmoMSC think that its link to the STP is up?
- does OsmoMSC see any BSC connected (BSSAP RESET)?
- does OsmoMSC have a connection to OsmoHLR via GSUP?
- does OsmoHLR see a connection from OsmoMSC?
All of the above (and possibly even more) should be possible fully automatic and a short summary could be printed to the screen, like one line for each check with a green OK or red ERROR. Any ERROR message should contain a URL to an error-specific wiki page where we can compile a list of possible causes or other help on what could possibly be the cause of such error.
The script/tool should (at least initially) make the assumption that (BSC, MSC, STP, HLR) and possibly (SGSN, GGSN) runs on the same system, and match 1:1 the wiki page for a basic setup.
This is just my initial idea, I'm sure it can be further extended.
#6 Updated by laforge about 1 year ago
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 02:54:53PM +0000, neels [REDMINE] wrote:
ok, please get started on it
(sounds like it should be started soon, but Priority says otherwise)
correct. The comment was not written at the time the priorities were set, so there
was a race condition.