ramp up cell slowly based on access control class to avoid severe RACH/SDCCH overload
- ramping of transmit power (pretty useless in case of active antenna distribution system)
- ramping of access control classes (SIMs are assumed to have equal statistic distribution over all ACC)
- ramping of "rxlev access min"
- some generic ramping code that increments/decrements a certain value
- the existing TX power ramping code of osmo-bts can be used as a template?
- parameter-specific code that uses the generic code/api for the specific parameter
- vty parameters to configure the ramping in terms of
- initial value
- maximum (normal) value
- step size
- delay between steps
- should all ramps execute concurrently?
- should they execute after each other? If yes, how do we trigger that?
Furthermore, aside the static ramping based on a timer, it would be great to be able to have a feedback loop that automatically runs those ramps using RACH / SDCCH load as input to the feedback loop. If theres no/low load, ramp fast. If load is high, ramp slower. Care must be taken not to completely stall any progress under high load.
Updated by stsp over 3 years ago
All outstanding fixes have been merged to osmo-bsc and openbsc master.
Related OpenBSC changesets are: