ramp up cell slowly based on access control class to avoid severe RACH/SDCCH overload
- ramping of transmit power (pretty useless in case of active antenna distribution system)
- ramping of access control classes (SIMs are assumed to have equal statistic distribution over all ACC)
- ramping of "rxlev access min"
- some generic ramping code that increments/decrements a certain value
- the existing TX power ramping code of osmo-bts can be used as a template?
- parameter-specific code that uses the generic code/api for the specific parameter
- vty parameters to configure the ramping in terms of
- initial value
- maximum (normal) value
- step size
- delay between steps
- should all ramps execute concurrently?
- should they execute after each other? If yes, how do we trigger that?
Furthermore, aside the static ramping based on a timer, it would be great to be able to have a feedback loop that automatically runs those ramps using RACH / SDCCH load as input to the feedback loop. If theres no/low load, ramp fast. If load is high, ramp slower. Care must be taken not to completely stall any progress under high load.
All outstanding fixes have been merged to osmo-bsc and openbsc master.
Related OpenBSC changesets are: