Backup rita.osmocom.org to sysmocom's backup system
The existing backup is to my personal NAS but due to my current housing situation it can't be powered 24/7 which means backups might not be current. It is better to backup to an offsite system that is always reachable.
The current set-up consists out of:
- A OpenVPN server on rita.osmocom.org (backup-openvpn)
- The remote NAS using OpenVPN client to connect to backup-openvpn
/root/backup/backup_osmocom.shis executed by cron
I think to migrate to rsnapshot we would need:
- Decide if the sysmocom-backup uses OpenVPN client or we are using the existing jenkins<->sysmocom link?
- Convert backup_osmocom.sh to something usable by rsnapshot
- Verify it is working?
How can I help? Should I do the config for rsnapshot?
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
this is actually already running, AFAICT. I'm havin trouble getting the crontab to actually execute ("crontab -e" as root on rita and sysmocom-admin), and I haven't yet tested to restore any of those backups, but at least a big step is already done.