OsmoHLR forgets to send InsertSubscriberData to VLR/SGSN when data changes
OsmoHLR allows for subscriber data to be changed, but forgets to inform the VLR+SGSN about related changes (such as MSISDN, service subscription).
A quick fix is unfortunately not very simple as the ISD procedure is currently intertwined with the LocationUpdate procedure in the code :/
#4 Updated by stsp over 1 year ago
- Sends a location update sending the subscriber's initial msisdn.
- Changes the subscriber's msisdn in the HLR's database via VTY.
- Now waits and expects a communication of this new msisdn, initiated by the HLR.
The HLR runs as a gsup server loop which only responds to incoming requests from clients.
The way I understand it, to fix the problem we would need to either:
- Make the test send another location update or initiate some other GSUP communication with the HLR, and then expect to receive updated subscriber information.
- Make it possible for the HLR to initiate a new (client) connection to the VLR (server) and then send the insert subscriber data message.
Am I missing something?
#14 Updated by neels about 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from stsp to neels
I have working patches ready on branches neels/upd_subscr (both in osmo-hlr and osmo-msc).
The remaining question is still what identification to use for GSUP clients like MSC and SGSN.
So far using the IPA_IDTAG_SERNR ('MSC-00-00-00-00-00-00') which is technically too long for the HLR db
(enlarged the storage but that is questionable).