Call Control timers are very long and not configurable
I just noticed that there are some timers for which the 3GPP specs don't provide defaults, but we use some really large compiled-in value that cannot be modified.
T310 is one such example. It is invoked if (in a MT call) CALL CONFIRMED is received from the MS, but there's never nay ALERT, CONNET or DISCONNECT following. We are setting it in libosmocore to 180 seconds, which is super large. I doubt anyone would make a call and then wait three minutes for any indication that it rings on the other side. For comparison, the MS-side timer for the same situation is specified at 30s.
- reduce default T310 timeout
- make call control timers T3xx configurable in VTY
#1 Updated by laforge over 2 years ago
- Checklist item reduce default T310 timeout added
- Checklist item make call control timers T3xx configurable in VTY added
- Assignee changed from laforge to sysmocom
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
See https://gerrit.osmocom.org/6120 which reduces the default T310 timeout to (still very long) 30s.
Let's still make those T3xx configurable via the VTY (pending).