qmod: USB reset not working
when DFU starts the main application after flashing, the application should perform a USB reset to be re-enumerated.
on QMOD this does not always work (dfu-util waits for the reset to complete and times out).
note: while SIMtrace board has an external 1.5k pull-up on USB D+ and additional mechanism to perform a USB reset, the QMOD doesn't
#1 Updated by tsaitgaist 3 months ago
- Subject changed from qmd: USB reset not working to qmod: USB reset not working
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
I updated the source code to increase the USB reset time and use the D+ pin on the qmod.
I then did a 100 DFU flashing test on the qmod.
Out of the 100 trials, I got 4 errors:
- 2x DFU got interrupted during transfer (not an USB issue)
- 2x DFU could not initialize USB (and switched back to the application)
In all cases running dfu-util a second time worked (and recovered from the issue)
No manual reset was required.
After each successful DFU flash, the main application started and the USB got re-enumerated.
Commit is upcoming.
#3 Updated by tsaitgaist 2 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 50 to 100