CBCH presence no longer advertised in SI4 since timeslot FSM was merged
It appears that during the merge of the timeslot FSM, CBCH handling in OsmoBSC was broken.
The SI4 message as sent in the RSL BCCH FILL doesn't advertise the CBCH channel description, even if a CBCH-enabled channel combination is configured.
#1 Updated by laforge over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 40
See https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/osmo-bsc/+/10851 for a first patch. However, now osmo-bsc ASSERTs in generate_si4() because gsm48_lchan2chan_desc() is used, which again uses "pchan_is", which is set to NONE at the time :(
One solution would be to postpone/delay RSL initialization to after OML initialization has fully completed.Right now we're generating SI4 and other SI during bootstrap_rsl()
- bootstrap_rsl() as a consequence to the RSL TCP connection coming up
- RSL TCP connection coming up as result of IPA RSL CONNECT being sent via OML
- and that in turn is a consequence of OPSTART_ACK on the baseband transceiver MO
There is a timeslot FSM now, but there's sill no TRX/BTS FSMs as parent. If we had those, they could receive some kind of indication from their children about completion of OML initialization, and we could delay sending the IPA RSL CONNECT.