long-term end-to-end osmo-remsim test setup
- 5-slot CCID card reader
- sysmoQMOD with four Gobi2000 modems
- four random SIM cards
- APU2 with Debian9
- one instance of remsim-server from osmocom:nightly feed running on the host
- Debian 9 VM for remsim-bankd
- USB port towards card reader routed to this VM
- one instance of osmo-bankd from osmocom:nightly feed running
- Debian 9 VM for remsim-client
- USB port towards QMOD routed to this VM
- four instances of osmo-remsmim from osmocom:nightly feed running
The host machine should run
tc netem to simulate a non-zero latency, such as 200ms between client/server/bankd
All software should automatically start up after boot.
- 2x kvm debian9 inside the debian9 on apu2 for remsimbank and remsimclient(s)
- added nightly feeds to all debian
- usb from acs reader routed into remsimbank vm
- autostart vms
- installed osmo-* daemons in respective vm
- network segment for vms: 10.9.99.0/24 - .1 server .10 client .30 simbank
- tc netem
- systemd servicefiles for all daemons
- tested usb forwarding via complete seperate usb port - no go on apu due to hw limits.
- swapped the vm for -client and host for -server due to usb/pci forwarding limitations (qmod needs to be on host)
- systemd servicefile template (copy 4 times and configure for specific modems)
- updated all install/vm
- the clients now have proper ids (-n 0-3)
- basic netem setup (inmarsat-style 300ms / 150ms jitter / 50% corrlation / 512kBit)
on network output of remsimserver-vm - do we need a more complicated setup here? it feels proper laggy to me.
- real tests/load/traffic on all components (do we have a list of things to probe already?)
- which testrunner to use?
- documentation of the setup https://osmocom.org/projects/osmo-remsim/wiki/Osmo-remsim
#9 Updated by roh about 1 month ago
i think we need a bigger ssd for this machine. it ran out of disk twice now.
it has 2 images for the vm (4g each) and 4g swap, which results in about 500mb free when i delete all old logs.
i tried adding it to the monitoring but we have another blocking issue there. (#4664)
kevin got access a few days ago, so he can help get some traffic on those simcards.
how will this work exactly? jenkins will log in via ssh and key and trigger some script?