OsmoTRX calculates relatively lower C/I values for EDGE/8-PSK bursts (compared to GMSK)
From fixeria in #3995:
an issue observed by Fairwaves: OsmoTRX calculates relatively lower C/I values for EDGE/8-PSK bursts (compared to GMSK). Please see an attached patch that has never been submitted to the mainstream, but I believe it should fix the problem.
- Related to Bug #3395: Uplink CS/MCS control is broken osmo-pcu is used with osmo-bts-trx/osmo-trx added
- Related to Bug #1833: UPLINK MCS gets reduced from MCS9->MCS6 when good radio condition exists added
- Assignee changed from pespin to fixeria
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
After some testing without and with this patch applied, I can see a significant improvement of reported C/I values:
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/c/osmo-trx/+/22714 sigProcLib: fix C/I computation for 8-PSK modulated bursts
Once it's merged, we can close this ticket.
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
- % Done changed from 80 to 100
Also available in: Atom