pySim-shell "reset" command doesn't trigger re-obtaining ADM PIN
- put CSV file with ADM pin data for a number of cards in place
- insert card into reader
- start pySim-shell
- verify_adm (works, using correct ADM1 from CSV)
- change the card
- issue "reset" at pySim-shell
- verify_adm (fails, as old ADM1 is used, not re-read after card/ICCID change)
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
The behavior above is the expected behavior. The reset command resets the card. When the card is changed, pySim-shell still has the old ICCID in memory so it still finds the ADM1 of the old card. I have already addressed the problem with a different command that not only resets the card but also the state around it. The patch is not in gerrit yet, but I will push it soon.
- % Done changed from 50 to 90
The functionality that this ticket requests is implemented by this patch: https://gerrit.osmocom.org/c/pysim/+/25549
As already mentioned, its not so much about resetting the card, its more about resetting and regenerating the card state in pySim-shell.