confusion around mgw e1 line vs trunk dichtomy
there seems to be some lack of logical clarity how the MGCP endpoint names are constructed for use with E1.
- osmo-mgw uses the trunk number to construct the "e1-N" part in "ds/e1-0/s-1/su16-0"
- any e1_input line_nr can be mapped to any trunk_nr in the config
- osmo-bsc unconditionally uses the e1_input line_nr to construct the "e1-N" part in "ds/e1-0/s-1/su16-0"
- is weird, as why would you make something configurable if it only works in one way, and
- is not mentioned or documented anywhere in either the osmo-mgw or osmo-bsc documentation, and also not really visible from the example configs, AFAICT
So I think we have two ways forward:
- make osmo-mgw always use the e1 line_nr for constructing the enpdoint names
- allow osmo-bsc to configure the mgw-side trunk number [for each timeslot?]