"cardem" continuous testing setup
We shuold create a test setup where we can continously test the
cardem firmware for the various targets, such as at least simtrace2 and qmod.
The idea would be to use the TTCN3 test ports for SIMTRACE USB protocol on the one hand side and CCID USB protocol on the other hand side.
Tests should ideally not just test interop with one specific CCID reader model but with a larger number of different readers to cover reader-specific issues (I'm seeing different issues with different readers in manual testing).
The tests can then be executed with the latest cardem firmware of the day, on different IUT hardware (simtrace2, qmod) against different readers.For QMOD testing we would have to either
- insert a modem with CCID capability (they do exist)
- use a custom PCB adapter or some solder wire to hook up the SIM traces of the mCPIE sockets with some external reader
But let's focus on simtrace2 for the initial setup, and then expand from there.
- core TTCN3 tests harness
- test USB CTRL disturbances while lots of APDUs are passin
- test VCC/CLK/RST state changes
- test APDUs of different sizes
- test different APDU cases
- test setting different ATRs
- test at different clock / bit rates