Bug #5542: Move hub to datacenter colocation
select, purchase and set-up server for octoi hub colocation
- OS installation
- VM with SRV-IO like DIVO
- install 2x TE820
- build + install timing cable
- test timing cable
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
currently discussing the specs with the supplier. Will likely be a 2U machine with lots of CPU (16core EPYC) and 4x full-height PCIe slots (for TE820 or the like).
RAM / SSD I'd go for rather "minimal" config (in terms of an EYPC server, 64GB / 1TB) for now, can always be upgraded later if we should have need.
The point of the "lots of CPU" is to accomodate the un-optimized processing of many virtual E1 lines.
- Checklist item purchase added
- Checklist item OS installation added
- Checklist item VM with SRV-IO like DIVO added
- Checklist item install 2x TE820 added
- Checklist item build + install timing cable added
- Checklist item test timing cable added
- % Done changed from 20 to 0
server should arrive August 24th/25th and can subsequently be installed/configured.
I've also ordered IDC connectors + ribbon cables for both legacy + differential timing ports of the TE820 cards.