This is a group of Osmocom programs implementing cellular network infrastructure components for GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA, LTE and their associated interfaces and protocol stacks.
This includes components for classic circuit-switched GSM:
- OsmoBTS implementing a GSM Base Transceiver Station
- optionally together with OsmoTRX to implement the GSM physical layer on a Software Defined Radio
- OsmoBSC implementing an IP-based GSM Base Station Controller with Abis/IP and 3GPP AoIP interface
- OsmoMSC implementing an IP based GSM and UMTS Mobile Switching Center with 3GPP AoIP and Iu-CS interface
- OsmoHLR implementing a minimalistic HLR compatible only with OsmoMSC
- OsmoSTP implementing a minimalistic Signal Transfer Point for M3UA, SUA and SCCPlite
- OsmoNITB, our legacy implementation a minimal network-in-the-box with Abis/IP interface
As well as the following components for GPRS/EDGE networks:
- The OsmoPCU project, implementing a GPRS Packet Control Unit with Gb/IP interface
- The OsmoSGSN project, impleenting a Serving GPRS Support Node with Gb/IP, Iu-PS and GTP
- The OpenGGSN project, implementing a Gateway GPRS Support Node
Further projects related to UMTS/HSPA networks:
- The OsmoHNBGW project, implementing a HomeNodeB-Gateway with Iuh, Iu-CS and Iu-PS
For a list of videos from conferences about our activities, please see Videos_of_Presentations
Commercial support as well as development, system integration and training services for this project are available from sysmocom
Auto-generated list of immediate sub-projects:¶
Osmocom binary package repository URLs have changed
Reminder to make sure you updated the repository URLs before we disable the old one in one week.
Binary packages moved to new location
Make sure to change the URLs on your systems until end of October 2022, so "apt upgrade" etc. still work as expected.
June 2022 Osmocom CNI releases
The Osmocom project has released new version 202206 of the CNI (Cellular Network Infrastructure) software.
binary package feeds for Raspbian 11
The Osmocom project is offering Raspbian 11 binary package feeds for [[Latest_Builds]] and [[Nightly_Builds]].
Contributor: ahuemer, BastusIII, csaba, csaba.sipos, efistokl, falconia, gnutoo, gustavo, iedemam, ipse, laforge, marcin, matt9j, md, miaoski, osmith, pablo, rafael2k, roh, roox, shoragan, stuge, tnt, ttsou, Osmocom Contributors
Developer: arehbein, daniel, dexter, fixeria, Hoernchen, horiz0n, hsiedler, jolly, keith, kluchnikov, laforge, lynxis, maike, mschramm, msuraev, neels, osmith, pablo, pespin, roh, spaar, steve-m, steviehs, stsp, tnt, tsaitgaist, ttsou, zecke, Osmocom CNI Developers, sysmocom
Reporter: 33dBm, 8818freak, acassis, ahuemer, Alin, alteholz, anmu, ant, arehbein, arvind.sirsikar, balister, ben.foxmoore, benoit, bernie, bjoern, blister_green, blobb, cdevine, chengj, cibomahto, circle, ckuethe, copslock, cquirin, craig_comstock, d8g11qnrlqjn, daniel, Darkstar, dburgess00, demodulate, dev_zzo, dexter, dima, dlsitzer, domi, DonnchaC, DrDeke, duo_kali, efistokl, eloy, emvivre, encrypt, escogido, falconia, firs, fixeria, flex, fontanon, g1bbs, garwin, gruetzkopf, gustavo, herlesupreeth, Hoernchen, horiz0n, hsiedler, iamdielenram, iedemam, iliushin, Jarobar, jbruckner, jelson_simEng, johilg, jolly, jtavares, jtavares2, k_o_, kaber, kashif, keith, kevit, khorben, kluchnikov, kwoot, laforge, lorenzo.cavallini, luca, lynxis, maike, manatails, manawyrm, matt9j, mazzoo, md, meathbroadband, medeiros405, miaoski, mold, morphis, mschramm, msuraev, firstname.lastname@example.org, NavinF, neels, neggles, nibbler, nickvsnetworking, nion, osmith, pablo, pespin, pikles, ptrkrysik, purpleidea, rafael2k, roh, email@example.com, roox, rousseau, rubund, sammachin, schneider, ScottyTM, Sec, spaar, steve-m, steviehs, stsp, sur5r, tec, theresa, thomasDOTwtf, tmwawpl, tnt, tsaitgaist, ttsou, Twi, unrznbl, vbohinc, vogelchr, WIMPy, wirelesss, xilokar, XK1ZU, zarya, zecke, zivillian, Osmocom CNI Developers, sysmocom, Wiki contributors