We're happy to announce that sysmocom has achieved to obtain funding from Open Technology Fund for a variety of enhancements and improvemnts of the Open Source Cellular Network Infrastructure sphere.
The funded activities are in the following areas:
- Better integration between the Osmocom 2G/3G core network elements and the open5gs 4G EPC (evolved packet core)
- Improving the stability, quality and maturity of the open5gs EPC by implementing functional test suites in TTCN-3
- Establishing interoperability with various base station hardware
- Support three trial deployments in rural Mexico with our partner Rhizomatica
- Organize a series of webinars for security researchers on how to use our tools for furthering their research projects
See also the project description at the OpenTechFund website
We'd like to thank OTF awarding funding to our proposal.
We'd also like to thank Rhizomatica and specifically Peter Bloom for all his help in putting together the proposal.