GEO Mobile Radio¶
This is the homepage of the Osmocom sub-project GEO Mobile Radio.
It is collecting information and software related to the ETSI GEO Mobile Radio specification and its practical implementations like the Thuraya satellite phone network
GEO Mobile Radio is a set of specifications describing a satellite based mobile phone network.
It uses the L-band frequencies 1634 to 1656 MHz (earth to space) and 1532.5 to 1554.5 MHz (space to earth) for communication
between mobile phones and the respective satellites. The polarization is circular (left) and the modulation is pi/4 QPSK, using
a channel spacing of 31.25 kHz
- GMR_Specifications -- An Introduction and Overview into the GMR specifications
- Thuraya_Beams -- Information about the Thuraya beams
- OsmoGMR_Software -- Software that we wrote for GMR analysis
- Receiver_Setup -- How to receive GMR signals coming down from a satellite
- 28C3 talk by Sylvain
- Recording of a "Wireless Hacking: GMR-1 / Thuraya" talk by Sylvain Munaut in the Moscow hackerspace Neuron.
- 31C3 talk by Sylvain
- Description: https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/Fahrplan/events/6267.html
- Video: http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2014/31c3_-_6267_-_en_-_saal_g_-_201412271600_-_osmo-gmr_what_s_up_with_sat-phones_-_sylvain_munaut.html
- Slides: https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/Fahrplan/system/attachments/2496/original/31c3_gmr.pdf