PapersPage » History » Version 1
zecke, 04/22/2017 04:21 PM
= Papers =
* [http://nicta.com.au/research/rps?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGcHVibGljYXRpb25zLmluc2lkZS5uaWN0YS5jb20uYXUlMkZzZWFyY2glMkZmdWxsdGV4dCUzRmlkJTNEMTcxMCZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D A Software-Defined Radio Receiver for APCO Project 25 Signals] A paper describing the OP25 receiver and the impact of SDR on public-safety communications.
* [http://openp25.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/Software_based_P25_Base_Station-E_Ramsey_Thesis_2007.pdf Eric Ramsey's Thesis]-- details the Project 54 implementation using PC soundcard and analog FM radio.
* [http://www.ruxcon.org.au/assets/Presentations/sglass-mrobert.p25.2010.pdf RUXCON 2010 Presentation] An introduction to the basics of software-defined radio using GNURadio and OP25. Also discusses some of the security flaws present in P25 and show how these can be exploited to conduct targeted denial-of-service attacks and key-recovery attacks.
* [http://www.ruxcon.org.au/assets/Presentations/2011-2/RUXCON_2011_slides.pdf RUXCON 2011 Presentation] Sequel to the RUXCON 2010 talk with a focus on the cryptographic and authentication based security flaws that were published in the Securecomm 2011 paper.
* [http://repository.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1990&context=cis_reports&sei-redir=1#search=%22Security%20Weaknesses%20APCO%20Project%2025%20Two-Way%20Radio%20System%22 Security Weaknesses in the APCO Project 25 Two-Way Radio System] Paper from UPenn on P25 security.
* [http://www.crypto.com/papers/p25sec.pdf Why (Special Agent) Johnny (Still) Can't Encrypt] The UPenn paper presented at USENIX Security 2011 describing sub-frame jamming attacks.
* [http://www.nicta.com.au/pub?doc=5076 Insecurity in Public-Safety Communications: APCO Project 25] Paper from !SecureComm 2011 on other P25 security flaws.