OsmoGGSN is developed by Harald Welte, Holger Freyther, Pablo Neira and sysmocom GmbH. It is baed on the earlier OpenGGSN which was developed in 2002 to 2004 by Mondru AB and was abandoned for some years before being adopted by the Osmocom project around 2010.
Typical position in an Osmocom cellular network¶
For a more complete graph, see Osmocom Network In The Box
Osmocom provides binary packages for several flavors of Debian and Ubuntu GNU/Linux on a variety of architectures (i586, x86_64, armhf, armv7l). Unless you are a software developer interested in developing on Osmocom, it is recommended you use those packages instead of building from source.
For more details see Binary_Packages
- User Manual: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmoggsn-usermanual.pdf
- VTY Reference: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmoggsn-vty-reference.pdf
The source code is available from
Public read-only access is available via
git clone https://gitea.osmocom.org/cellular-infrastructure/osmo-ggsn.git
You can browse it via gitea: https://gitea.osmocom.org/cellular-infrastructure/osmo-ggsn
Contributions are welcome via Gerrit.
Test Suite¶We have a TTCN-3 test suite as part of our Titan_TTCN3_Testsuites
- source code: https://gitea.osmocom.org/ttcn3/osmo-ttcn3-hacks/src/branch/master/ggsn_tests
- results: https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/view/TTCN3/job/ttcn3-ggsn-test/
Support / mailing lists / Forum¶Please direct any questions regarding use, configuration or development of OsmoGGSN to either
- the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list, to which you can subscribe at https://lists.osmocom.org/mailman/listinfo/osmocom-net-gprs or
- the 2G/3G Core Network category of our discouse forum
Commercial support as well as development, system integration and training services for this project are available from sysmocom