Hosted epdg playground » History » Revision 5
Hosted epdg playground¶
This page is going to document the playground that we're setting up for playing with the (in-development state) of osmo-epdg.
epdg.osmocom.org (IPv4 + IPv6)
This is a Debian 12 VM where the osmo-epdg (consiting of modified strongswan code, erlang ePDG and linux kernel GTP) will run.
epc.epdg.osmocom.org (IPv6 only)
This is a Debian 12 lxc container where we'll run HSS + PGW (open5gs)
ims.epdg.osmocom.org (IPv6 only)
This is a Debian 12 lxc container where we'll run the IMS core (Kamailio)
The hosts mentioned above share a private bridged network. That network has no DHCP server and no router. It's purely for communication between the network elements
How to use the playground:¶
Configure your local UE¶
Point your UE or use SWu-IKEv2 to use
Alternative you can override the correct dns entries.
Get your Simcard into the database.
To do a test run with the current development state:
tmux attach -t epdg
- window 0 should contain the osmo-epdg
- window 1 should contain the strongswan
- restart osmo-epdg in window 0.
cd /srv/osmo-edpg ; rebar3 shell --config ./config/local.config
- restart strongswan in window 1
systemctl restart strongswan ; journalctl -f -u strongswan
- to improve development speed, you should restart also the smfd or you need to wait until it re-connects.
- The pcrfd also needs to be restarted because the smfd will otherwise reject Session. (It will also automatic re-connect, but takes time too).
ssh email@example.com systemctl restart open5gs-smfd sleep 1 ssh firstname.lastname@example.org systemctl restart open5gs-pcrfd