The osmo-gsm-tester is software to run automated tests of real GSM hardware, foremost to verify that ongoing Osmocom software development continues to work with various BTS models, while being flexibly configurable and extendable.
Please refer to the OsmoGSMTester Manual for hardware setup and configuration.
The actual setup to run this on ranges from a professional rack mounted solution as available from sysmocom (TODO: link/pictures) integrated with jenkins, down to manually invoked test runs on your laptop with a USB dongle modem and a "loose" BTS.
osmo-gsm-tester setup at sysmocom¶
- a 24/7 "production" setup of osmo-gsm-tester
- another "rnd" setup of osmo-gsm-tester which is used for development of osmo-gsm-tester
You can find the jenkins status of both setups at https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/view/osmo-gsm-tester/
"production" setup at sysmocom¶The production setup has the following characteristics:
- LTHW BTS units (each in 1U rack-mount)
- sysmoBTS 1002 (GPS clock input)
- Octasic OCTSDR 3500 (GPS clock input)
- LimeSDR (10 MHz GPS-DO input)
- USRP B200 (10MHz GPS-DO input)
- sysmoCell 5000 (GPS clock input)
- LTHW main unit (1U rack mount)
- x86 single-board computer running osmo-gsm-tester
- 16:1 RF Distribution network for up to 16 BTSs
- 1:8 RF combiner/splitter for up to 8 modem banks/boards
- FIXME: describe quantity and type of modems used
"rnd" setup at sysmocom¶
FIXME: Describe the nature of the rnd setup.
Commercial support as well as development, system integration and training services for this project are available from sysmocom