OsmoMGW, the Osmocom Media Gateway, is a Media Gateway for handling user plane (voice) traffic in cellular networks.
At the moment (October 2017), OsmoMGW only implements RTP proxy / RTP bridge type endpoints, to each of which two RTP connections can be established.We are planning to add endpoint types for
- classic E1/T1 timeslots (64kBps alaw/ulaw)
- classic E1/T1 16k sub-slots with TRAU frames for classic BTS support
- announcement/playout end-points
- conference endpoints
OsmoMGW is the generalized version of an earlier much more special-purpsoe implementation called osmo-bsc_mgcp.
Situation in a typical Osmocom cellular network¶
It is Planned to use OsmoMGW also from OsmoMSC like this:
User Manuals¶We are still working on a set of complete manuals
- osmo-mgw VTY reference: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmomgw-vty-reference.pdf
- Contact us via the openbsc@ mailing list, see [[Cellular Infrastructure:Mailing Lists]].
- Contributions are welcome via [[Cellular Infrastructure:Gerrit]].
- Git repository browser at https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-mgw