ipse, 02/19/2016 10:47 PM
fairwaves.ru -> fairwaves.co
= OsmoBTS =
OsmoBTS is a software part of a BTS, which implements Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 3:
* LAPDm (GSM 04.06)
* A-bis/IP (similar to ip.access nanoBTS)
* OML (GSM 12.21)
* RSL (GSM 08.58)
OsmoBTS is building up on work done previosuly for [wiki:OpenBSC] (RSL, OML, RTP) and [http://bb.osmocom.org OsmocomBB] (LAPDm). A-bis/IP implementation is heavily inspired by ip.access nanoBTS A-bis/IP implementation.
OsmoBTS is written in a re-targettable way, i.e. it should be relatively easy to target a new BTS hardware (i.e. BTS-side Layer 0 or Layer 1) with it.
== Hardware support ==
So far OsmoBTS supports a number of hardware options:
* Quad-band femto-BTS product called [http://www.sysmocom.de/products/sysmobts sysmoBTS] which is sold by [http://sysmocom.de/ sysmocom]
* Multiple indoor and outdoor [https://fairwaves.co fairwaves] BTSs, like UmDESK and UmSITE.
* Wideband SDR transceiver hardware like [http://umtrx.org Fairwaves UmTRX] and a number of other SDR transceivers, using OpenBTS transceiver software.
* A pretty crazy experimental BTS hardware based on two OsmocomBB phones had originally been supported, but needs to be re-integrated with core code changes.
Check out [wiki:network_from_scratch] page for more information how to run OsmoBTS with UmTRX (using the OpenBTS transceiver software) or OsmocomBB phones.
== Status ==
The source code includes a http://cgit.osmocom.org/cgit/osmo-bts/tree/README file with current status information
== GPRS support ==
osmo-bts has recently been extended with a socket interface towards [wiki:osmo-pcu]. This adds GPRS (and later EDGE) support to it.
== Source code ==
The source code is available from git.osmocom.org (module osmo-bts).
Public read-only access is available via
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-bts.git
You can browse it via cgit: http://cgit.osmocom.org/cgit/osmo-bts/
== Authors ==
OsmoBTS was developed mainly by Andreas Eversberg and Harald Welte.