Add SCCP/M3UA signaling transport as alternative to IPA multiplex to osmo-bsc
We need a way for the user to select in his configuration if he wants to bind the BSSAP/BSSMAP on top of SCCP+M3UA (3GPP AoIP) or the classic IPA/SCCPlite stacking we support so far.
#4 Updated by laforge over 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
The process is as follows:
- add an "IPA" sigtran-like dialect (similar to SUA) in libosmo-sigtran
- port OsmoBSC over to libosmo-sigtran
- test with libosmo-sigtran both via the IPA and via the proper M3UA stacking
slightly unrelated, but at the same time also osmo-hnbgw and the libiu code for OsmoMSC and OsmoSGSN neesd to be ported to libosmo-sigtran. I'll crate new tickets for this
#8 Updated by laforge over 4 years ago
- Assignee changed from laforge to dexter
- % Done changed from 0 to 60
IPA transport support has been added to libsomo-sigtran, see the current patch series in gerrit, particularly https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/2282/
dexter is has some testing code that already uses libosmo-sigtran from osmo-bsc, so switching from M3UA "back" to IPA/SCCPlite should now be simply the protocol used during the API call to initialize the "simple sccp client".
What's currently not yet added is OAP authentication. We can postpone this for now, just like the CTRL and MGCP encapsulation betwen OsmoBSC and OsmoBSC-NAT, which will also have to be ported to libosmo-sigtran (I'll open separate tickets).