Feature #1706: Hardware / Circuit board update for SAM3S based SIMtrace2
check if we can have an enclosed version of simtrace v2
It would be nice to have an enclosed device rather than a bare PCB. Let's review that option for v2 hardware.
#2 Updated by laforge about 2 years ago
- Checklist item figure out FPC connection for enclosed device added
- Checklist item move LEDs to right PCB edge with light guides for external visibility added
- Checklist item remove bootloader button added
- Checklist item add externally accessible erase button to get back into SAM-BA added
- https://www.hammfg.com/electronics/small-case/plastic/1553 (95x48, 109x61, 139x67)
- https://www.hammfg.com/electronics/small-case/plastic/1591xx (e.g. 101x57)
- https://www.hammfg.com/electronics/small-case/plastic/1599 (123x53)
- https://www.okw.com/en/Soft-Case/A9051107.htm (96x56)
- https://www.bopla.de/en/enclosure-technology/product/bopad/bopad-enclosures/bop-500-9005.html (115x64)
#6 Updated by demodulate 6 months ago
A modern cell phone case or a small wallet attachment to the back of a phone case may be useful for collecting samples during normal use. It would allow for regular phone use with stand alone SIMtrace2 monitoring all SIM traffic. It could also allow for easy access to the USB port for real time analysis or power while the phone is in normal use. An example of a case that might fit if designed for the proper size of the board might be a "Vofolen Impact Resistant Protective Shell" or similar. It does not have access lines for a sim shim cable or usb and this would be an additional design consideration.