STP: Allow VTY configuration of M3UA ASP side
If we wanted to interconnect multiple osmo-stp (or even with other signalling gateways), we would need a way to use the ASP-side implementation of libosmo-sigtran from the VTY of OsmoSTP. This is currently not possible, but all related code should be there.
#4 Updated by dexter about 2 years ago
I am not sure. We never tried it or even thought about it. When I get it correct, this would be a configuration where e.g. two OsmoSTP are connecting to each other. This means that one of them must take the client role. The topology could be something like this:
osmo-bsc (ASP) <------> (STP) OsmoSTP (ASP) <------> (STP) OsmoSTP (STP) <------> (ASP) osmo-msc
I think this is something we have to test in order to be sure that it really works.
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Assignee changed from laforge to pespin
- Priority changed from Low to Normal
The M3UA protocol defines various roles of M3UA endpoints: SGW, ASP and IPSP.
osmo-stp currently implements only the SGW (Signaling Gateway) role, allowing external M3UA entities in ASP role to connect to it. It does not permit the SGW to operate in ASP role to connect to external SGWsThe implementation of this feature will include
- Extension of the VTY interface to operate the osmo-stp send of the M3UA link in ASP mode
- Extension of the osmo-stp internal implementation to behave accordingly
- Implementation of automatic test cases in TTCN-3