prepare split of the openbsc.git in smaller components
On the OsmoDevCon 2017, we decided to split openbsc.git in smaller git repositories that match the (core) network component names.
Some code separation still needs to be done to be able to do so.
See the mail threads:
Make sure that in the final result, no #if BEFORE_MSCSPLIT remain (unless for very good reasons).
Abis/BSC related utilities like abisip-find should go with the BSC.
#6 Updated by neels about 1 month ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 30
New repositories created: https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-msc/ https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-bsc/ https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-mgw/ https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-sgsn/
First jenkins build jobs: https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/osmo-msc/ https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/osmo-msc-gerrit/
#12 Updated by neels about 1 month ago
- % Done changed from 30 to 40
A first test run with the separately built OsmoMSC, OsmoBSC, OsmoSGSN and osmo-bsc_mgcp worked.
(It took a bit longer because I was using an old Nokia 1100 for the first time, which provoked two issues unrelated to the code split: an erratic loop exit condition on codec selection present on openbsc.git aoip branch, codec mismatch situations because the nokia does not support HR3, peculiar SMS ACK behavior mismatch from the Nokia.)
Next up is to apply code review from gerrit on osmo-msc.git, rebase the separate file removals onto that and test again.
Each separate repository most probably still contains some unrelated cruft here and there which can be cleaned out.
The osmo-mgw's binary is still called osmo-bsc_mgcp, rename still todo.
- % Done changed from 40 to 60
A patch series is now pending on gerrit, of
- first up, to have highest scrutiny on the patches being reviewed:
- 'make distcheck' fixes to be able to run the py tests in distcheck,
- jenkins.sh adjustments to properly invoke 'make distcheck' with various configurations
- libvlr addition with extensive MSC+VLR end-to-end test suite,
- mscsplit (separating libmsc from libbsc)
- IuCS addition
Next up is squashing the move to new SIGTRAN and addition of AoIP into intelligible patches (rather few large ones instead of numerous back-and-forth errors and fixes) and submitting that to gerrit.