Samsung GSM phones cannot dial
Several models of Samsung GSM phones used in 34C3 can join the network, but cannot dial. The models include,
- Samsung GT-E1130B
- Samsung GT-B2100
Dial *#100# and "Not allowed" is shown.
- Telme T211 Same as Samsung
- Nokia 66230i Can register onto Deu 42, but not seen on MSC. Device keeps registering itself.
- Telme T211 Same as Samsung IMSI=262423403002074
- Nokia 66230i Can register onto Deu 42, but not seen on MSC IMSI=262423403003209
I ordered a GT-B2100 via ebay so we can reproduce this in the lab.
- Assignee changed from lynxis to roh
roh: The task here would be to set up a (mostly) current network from nightly packages, use the GT-B2100 that I bought and try to reproduce the problem. If you can reproduce it, please create pcap + log files and attach it here.
- Status changed from New to Stalled
tried to find the phone today - no luck... did it arrive?
This is sad. The phone definitely arrived back in January but it seems it has disappeared meanwhile :( I've now ordered yet another one on ebay.
- Status changed from Stalled to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
can not reproduce.
i have used: (last weeks? osmocom-nightly)
sysmobts 1002 (OsmoBTS version 0.3.0.293-1a2f)
OsmoBSC version 22.214.171.124-a82f
OsmoMSC version 126.96.36.199-722f2
OsmoSTP version 0.10.0.23-bb6e
OsmoMGW version 188.8.131.52-17bf6
OsmoHLR version 0.2.1.56-c88b
i have tried a samsung s4mini, a nokia 1600 and a samsung B2100 and did voicecalls inbetween all 3.
also tested ussd - works without issues.
codec should have been fullrate.
Also available in: Atom