Feature #3076: migrate to new (2018-03) server "host2.osmocom.org"
migrate trac to new server?
This is actually more a question than a task.
Should we put effort in migration / bringing that one up on the new host, or is it time to obsolete it?
#2 Updated by laforge over 2 years ago
- https://github.com/solsson/docker-trac (no update for two years)
- https://github.com/dixudx/trac-docker (no update for two years)
- https://github.com/mastermindg/trac-docker-ubuntu (no update for one year)
- https://github.com/bitelxux/docker-trac (last update two months ago)
- https://github.com/bartsolutions/docker-trac-dev (no update for two years)
- https://github.com/hheimbuerger/docker-trac-standalone (no update for two years)
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
I would expect by now nobody even remembers the days when we were still using trac, and even less people are interested in the content before it was migrated to redmine. I would say we can reject this issue.
We should keep the original trac database archives on storage (and probably share/replicate it among core project members, like tnt, zecke and myself) so if we ever should need to get into thos backups some decades from now, we can.
But keeping any trac instances alive (which this ticket was really about) doesn't make sense to me.