Feature #3303: migrate openmoko.org into "archive mode" and remove dedicated server for it
migrate openmoko.org mail + lists to osmocom.org
* lisst: migrate the single remaining active (community at lists.openmoko.org) to another mailman instance, such as lists.osmocom.org. We could configure mailman to retain the list-id and simply point the MX to the osmocom.org server, i.e. do this without any impact on the list address or users mail filtering rules. * e-mail: discontinue e-mail services at openmoko.org (except e-mail forwarding). To my knowledge, only Joerg Reisenweber is using this service today - and to be fair, I would kindly suggest to use a different imap-capable home for his e-mail after about a decade of using the Openmoko legacy. Sorry :)
I think rather than completely discontinuing it, we can migrate it to osmocom.org where we already run mailman and a MTA. Only part missing is cyrus-imapd, which would make a nice addition on osmocom.org, anyway.
actually, it probably makes sense to run the entire lists.openmoko.org installation as a separate container on osmocom.org infrastructure. This way we don't get possible naming clashes with firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or the like.
If we first migrate to mailman3, then it would support the same mailing list name at different host/domain names.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 60
- mailman3 containers running for web, core, postgres
- list configuration has been converted to mailman3 for all lists
- all archives have been imported into hyperkitty
pending tasks see checklist of #3307 and here