Project

General

Profile

Bug #3358

TC_lcls_connect_break, TC_lcls_connect_clear, TC_lcls_gcr_bway_connect, and TC_lcls_gcr_bway_dont_connect_csc fail

Added by dexter about 1 year ago. Updated about 1 year ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
06/26/2018
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Spec Reference:

Description

The following LCLS tests fail:

BSC_Tests_LCLS.TC_lcls_connect_break
BSC_Tests_LCLS.TC_lcls_connect_clear
BSC_Tests_LCLS.TC_lcls_gcr_bway_dont_connect_csc

The tests fail because is for the same for all three tests:
"Received non-matching ASSIGNMENT COMPLETE"

All three tests expect the following ASSIGNMENT COMPLETE:

14:06:55.266136 10 MSC_ConnectionHandler.ttcn:842 {
    discriminator := '0'B,
    spare := '0000000'B,
    dlci := *,
    lengthIndicator := ?,
    pdu := {
        bssmap := {
            assignmentComplete := {
                messageType := '02'O,
                rR_Cause := *,
                circuitIdentityCode := omit,
                cellIdentifier := *,
                chosenChannel := *,
                chosenEncryptionAlgorithm := *,
                circuitPool := *,
                speechVersion := *,
                lSAIdentifier := *,
                talkerPriority := *,
                aoIPTransportLayer := ?,
                speechCodec := *,
                codecList := *,
                lCLS_BSS_Status := {
                    elementIdentifier := '8D'O,
                    lCLS_BSS_StatusValue := '0001'B,
                    spare := '0000'B
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

For all three tests, osmo-bsc sends the following message:

 @BSSAP_Types.PDU_BSSAP : {
    discriminator := '0'B,
    spare := '0000000'B,
    dlci := omit,
    lengthIndicator := 20,
    pdu := {
        bssmap := {
            assignmentComplete := {
                messageType := '02'O,
                rR_Cause := {
                    elementIdentifier := '15'O,
                    rr_Cause := '00'O
                },
                circuitIdentityCode := omit,
                cellIdentifier := omit,
                chosenChannel := {
                    elementIdentifier := '21'O ("!"),
                    channel := '0000'B,
                    channelMode := '0000'B
                },
                chosenEncryptionAlgorithm := {
                    elementIdentifier := '2C'O (","),
                    algorithmIdentifier := '01'O
                },
                circuitPool := omit,
                speechVersion := {
                    elementIdentifier := '40'O ("@"),
                    speechVersionIdentifier := '0000001'B,
                    spare1_1 := '0'B
                },
                lSAIdentifier := omit,
                talkerPriority := omit,
                aoIPTransportLayer := {
                    elementIdentifier := '7C'O ("|"),
                    lengthIndicator := 6,
                    ipAddress := {
                        ipv4 := '7F000003'O
                    },
                    uDPPortValue := 11002
                },
                speechCodec := {
                    elementIdentifier := '7E'O ("~"),
                    lengthIndicator := 1,
                    codecElements := {
                        {
                            codecType := GSM_FR (0),
                            tF := '0'B,
                            pT := '0'B,
                            pI := '0'B,
                            fI := '1'B,
                            extendedCodecType := omit,
                            s0_7 := omit,
                            s8_15 := omit
                        }
                    }
                },
                codecList := omit,
                lCLS_BSS_Status := omit
            }
        }
    }
}

We can see that the lCLS_BSS_Status is missing. This is why the testcases fail.

Notw: The problem is also reproduceable using the follwing git state, which
is just before the mgw/mgcp_client changes were merged.
osmo-mgw:5928dc93457982212a7d088c41002363db330451
osmo-bsc:f8cf5263f9d7659e4c790a3606f2b8c1ee0cfdbc

History

#1 Updated by dexter about 1 year ago

  • Subject changed from TC_lcls_connect_break, BSC_Tests_LCLS and BSC_Tests_LCLS fail to TC_lcls_connect_break, TC_lcls_connect_clear, TC_lcls_gcr_bway_connect, and TC_lcls_gcr_bway_dont_connect_csc fail

#2 Updated by dexter about 1 year ago

BSC_Tests_LCLS.TC_lcls_gcr_bway_connect has also the same problem.

#3 Updated by dexter about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress

I have also found another problem and this is why the jenkins is failing (I do not have any clue yet why it fails different on my side). However. In osmo_bsc_lcls.c the codec info is still not set. I was not aware that osmo_bsc_lcls.c is doing MGW actions on the side. I thought that LCLS would somehow interact with GSCON. I am fixing this now.

#4 Updated by dexter about 1 year ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

I have now added the missing codec info and re-tested everything in docker. The LCLS tests now look fine again.

See also:
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/osmo-bsc/+/9747 lcls: set codec info when performing MGW operation

#5 Updated by dexter about 1 year ago

Note: I still do not know why the LCLS fail so badly when I test locally. Presumably this is due to some problem with my environment.

#6 Updated by dexter about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 48.8 MB)