Jenkins: build all Osmocom projects in docker, not only some
laforge wrote in this thread:
1) build all projects, or at least all projects that have dependencies on other
[osmocom] projects inside docker, not some on the build slave and some in a container
- Related to Bug #3725: Jenkins isn't using the credentials store for uploading to rita.osmocom.org added
- Related to Feature #3385: Move project specific manuals from osmo-gsm-manuals to each respective git repository added
neels also asked to make libosmocore building concurrent. This will be possible when it runs in Docker (VTY tests would conflict otherwise).
- Status changed from New to In Progress
I just switched osmo-pcu to build in docker (#4204), so while I'm at it, I might as well do this for all Osmocom projects.
- % Done changed from 0 to 40
Patches submitted: https://gerrit.osmocom.org/q/topic:docker-all
The first patch does some refactoring (stop duplicating the docker run arguments) and is ready to be reviewed and merged.
In order to make this work, we need to update the docker image that we use for the builds from jessie to stretch. Otherwise, at least libosmocore's tests won't build. Since jessie is EOL, this change will be necessary sooner or later anyway. So there is also a patch in the above gerrit topic, that upgrades the image.
I'm testing whether all projects are building with the new docker image. So far I've tried osmo-pcu, and there are address sanitizer errors when running the tests (we probably need to add an exception for some shared library?).
- % Done changed from 40 to 70
The first two patches (refactor to use docker_run and docker_img vars, and docker image upgrade from jessie to stretch) are ready to be merged, just one +1 is missing in the first patch.
- % Done changed from 70 to 90
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
Also available in: Atom