long-term end-to-end osmo-remsim test setup
- 5-slot CCID card reader
- sysmoQMOD with four Gobi2000 modems
- four random SIM cards
- APU2 with Debian9
- one instance of remsim-server from osmocom:nightly feed running on the host
- Debian 9 VM for remsim-bankd
- USB port towards card reader routed to this VM
- one instance of osmo-bankd from osmocom:nightly feed running
- Debian 9 VM for remsim-client
- USB port towards QMOD routed to this VM
- four instances of osmo-remsmim from osmocom:nightly feed running
The host machine should run
tc netem to simulate a non-zero latency, such as 200ms between client/server/bankd
All software should automatically start up after boot.
- 2x kvm debian9 inside the debian9 on apu2 for remsimbank and remsimclient(s)
- added nightly feeds to all debian
- usb from acs reader routed into remsimbank vm
- autostart vms
- installed osmo-* daemons in respective vm
- network segment for vms: 10.9.99.0/24 - .1 server .10 client .30 simbank
- tc netem
- systemd servicefiles for all daemons
- tested usb forwarding via complete seperate usb port - no go on apu due to hw limits.
- swapped the vm for -client and host for -server due to usb/pci forwarding limitations (qmod needs to be on host)
- systemd servicefile template (copy 4 times and configure for specific modems)
- updated all install/vm
- the clients now have proper ids (-n 0-3)
- basic netem setup (inmarsat-style 300ms / 150ms jitter / 50% corrlation / 512kBit)
on network output of remsimserver-vm - do we need a more complicated setup here? it feels proper laggy to me.
- real tests/load/traffic on all components (do we have a list of things to probe already?)
- which testrunner to use?
- documentation of the setup https://osmocom.org/projects/osmo-remsim/wiki/Osmo-remsim
i think we need a bigger ssd for this machine. it ran out of disk twice now.
it has 2 images for the vm (4g each) and 4g swap, which results in about 500mb free when i delete all old logs.
i tried adding it to the monitoring but we have another blocking issue there. (#4664)
kevin got access a few days ago, so he can help get some traffic on those simcards.
how will this work exactly? jenkins will log in via ssh and key and trigger some script?
its on 10.9.25.90/24
i noted it in https://osmocom.org/projects/osmo-remsim/wiki/Osmo-remsim#Test-Suite (only on the graphic)