osmo_get_rand_id() can fail under debian jessie
When using debian jessie together with libosmocore and osmo-msc, osmo-msc rejects location updates because of a failing osmo_get_rand_id().
I've used an APU to produce this bug
Please reproduce/test with debian jessie (as vm, not container, because the kernel version can have a part in this bug).
And ensure the fall-back is working
- reproduce/test with debian jessie
- ensure the fall-back is working
#4 Updated by roh about 2 months ago
not sure how to properly reproduce this:i have tried:
- a kvm based jessie install
- built libosmocom from source like documented at https://osmocom.org/projects/libosmocore/wiki/Libosmocore
- tried utils/osmo-auc-gen which uses osmo_get_rand_id to get a random "rc = osmo_get_rand_id(_rand, 16);"
whats the expected failure mode? the syscall failing? or the gnutls call?
this looks fine to me:
roh@debian:~/OS4095/libosmocore$ utils/osmo-auc-gen -3 -a COMP128v2 osmo-auc-gen (C) 2011-2012 by Harald Welte This is FREE SOFTWARE with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY RAND: d9702f3518e38b014eda14e8f170d6e3 SRES: a17ca8aa Kc: d31ddcb0c5679000 SQN: 0 IND: 0