Project

General

Profile

Bug #4733

RPM feeds don't have conflicts between nightly/latest/next

Added by laforge 5 months ago. Updated 4 days ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Target version:
-
Start date:
08/27/2020
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Spec Reference:

Description

For the Debian package feeds, we have a mechanism in place that marks nightly conflicting with latest and next, and vice-versa. This is implemented in the osmo_obs_prepare_conflict shell function of common-obs.sh

This mechanism is missing from the RPM builds (it apparently was forgotten when adding RPM packages), which makes it easy to run incompatible versions of programs/libraries.

We need to replicate this for RPM based distributions like CentOS.

History

#1 Updated by laforge 5 months ago

  • Priority changed from Normal to Low

#2 Updated by pespin about 2 months ago

  • Assignee changed from pespin to osmith

#3 Updated by osmith 11 days ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Priority changed from Low to High

#4 Updated by osmith 9 days ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 60

I've added a the dummy package for rpm. As discussed, I've also made all packages of nightly and next depend on a specific version of the dummy package (so one can't mix packages from different dates by accident).

https://gerrit.osmocom.org/q/topic:rpm-conflict

Done is at 60% now, because I'd like to extend repo-install-test to continuously test that the conflicts work as intended. From manual testing, it appears to be working as expected.

#5 Updated by osmith 6 days ago

  • % Done changed from 60 to 70

Previous patches are merged and rolled out. The RPM packages are built for both CentOS and openSUSE, and for the latter, rpmlint started to complain about libraries depending on specific versions of packages. This is desired in our use case (for nightly and next feeds), so I've added a patch to make the error non-fatal:

https://gerrit.osmocom.org/c/osmo-ci/+/22281

#6 Updated by osmith 6 days ago

#7 Updated by osmith 4 days ago

  • % Done changed from 70 to 90

#8 Updated by osmith 4 days ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 90 to 100

#9 Updated by osmith 4 days ago

After succeeding yesterday, the tests failed in Jenkins tonight. I've investigated and adjusted the timer, details here:
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/c/osmo-ci/+/22354

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 48.8 MB)