Don't log NOTICE messages on missing uplink bursts
- Assignee set to fixeria
- Priority changed from Normal to High
From a private conversation:
There are several topics:
there are some errors reported in osmo-bts.log when activate-all-lchan' command is sent
this is expected, because the BTS does not receive valid Uplink bursts on active channels. Instead, osmo-trx sends NOPE indications to osmo bts-trx, and some of them trigger Viterbi decoder. We can probably think about a possibility to suppress those NOTICE messages as they fill up systemd-journal quite quickly, but I don't see an easy way. AFAIK, there is no way to tell the BTS whether a given Channel Activation is for load testing or for normal subscriber connection.
- bad uplink radio channel and lack of uplink bursts are pretty normal in any real-world deployment, imagine
somebody going into the basement while having a call. So it's questionable whether such behavior should
trigger any logging at all, at leats not on a per-burst or per-frame level. One can see the bad
RxLev/RxQual in measurements every 480ms, or maybe we can log the radio link timeout, but those happen at
very high intervals and won't spam the logs.
- our old discussion whether or not to introdcue log rate limiting
- the possibility to represent such problems with error / rate counters, rather than log lines
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 80