USB unplug / replug renders e1d unusable
right now the behavior on USB unplug (or - god forbid - a firmware crash) is not very user friendly:
- e1d keeps running
- e1d does not re-open the device when it comes back
- fail fast - simply exit when the device is lost, assume systemd or some other management instance will keep respawning us until the device is back
- but what about client programs like osmo-bsc / osmo-mgw ?
- implement re-opening of a single icE1usb device, knowing our blocking control transfers would corrupt any other ongoing communication
- is it worth the effort, assuming this is only an interim solution
- go for a full-blown hot-plug capable architecture lined out in #4915
- will probably take significant effort
I think right now we mostly have to worry about situations with a single icE1usb, so I'm tempted to go for the fail-fast approach, assuming osmo-bsc/osmo-mgw recover in some way.