OsmoDevCon2012 » History » Version 9
This page is used to plan and coordinate regarding the intended Osmocom Developer Conference 2012
= Osmocom Developer Conference 2012 =
Ths Osmocom Developer Conference 2012 ([wiki:OsmoDevCon2012]) is a event '''by project members for project members'''.
As such, the primary audience is people who have been contributing to the project.
It is '''not an event targetted at users'''.
Attendance requires registration (see below) and notification of acceptance. There number of participants
is limited to about 10 to 15.
March 23rd through 26th, 2012. This is Friday through Monday, to ensure people with regular day jobs
don't have to take off four but only two days.
In the conference room ("Seminarraum") of [http://www.c-base.org/ c-base], Berlin, Germany, the Universe.
The meeting / seminar / conference room at c-base is located on ground floor and has windows facing a courtyard,
i.e. it may be possible to set up some (GPS, Thuraya, etc.) antennas in that courtyard, if required.
The format of this workshop is not formal lectures/talks. It's more like "guided discussions", i.e. there are
topics and each topic will get an "owner" who should introduce the topic and lead the discussion related to it.
(if you want to attend, please add your name below ASAP, no later than December 24th):
We can collect items for some agenda at this point:
- OsmocomBB * continue the MTK port * porting of L2 or even L3 into phone * port of code into NuttX * user interface * "transactional" L1
- wireshark patches * how can we accelerate the process of inclusion? * should we provide binary builds of our git branch? * should we move new code to plugins instead of built-in dissectors?
- OpenBSC regression testing setup * !LaForge has been building a remote-controlled setup with Ericsson, Siemens, Nokia and ip.access BTS that should be used for regular regression tests * how to automatize this? who wants access?
- Femtocells and 3G * UMA gateway as BSC "replacement" * RANAP implementation in Erlang
- Core network * Erlang SS7 / TCAP / MAP * OsmoMSC * osmo-codegen (for auto-generated parser/generator of 04.08)
- GPRS * PCU development (for public OpenBTS and osmo-bts) * SGSN completion and improvement
- Incremental updates from VTY code * can we do something in common/shared code to facilitate this?
- GMR-1 / Thuraya * C-band signal intelligence * TBD
- TETRA * TBD
- Motorola Mo-bis support for OpenBSC * report from field trip to Brno
- UMTS/WCDMA telephone under our control * TBD
- libosmo-netif as unified API for signalling + voice
=== Airports ===
Berlin has two active airports during OsmoDevCon2012: Tegel (TXL) and Schoenefeld (SXF). Neither of the two
is exactly close to the venue, so pick whatever works best for you.
From SXF you can take local trains (S-Bahn), switch at Ostkreuz into another train and exit at Jannowitzbruecke.
You will need a "Berlin ABC" ticket.
From TXL, FIXME. You will need a "Berlin AB" ticket.
=== Train ===
You can take long distance trains to ''Berlin Ostbahnhof'', which is only one S-Bahn stop away from Jannowitzbruecke, where C-Base is located
=== Public Transport ===
Check http://www.bvg.de/ for maps, tariffs, etc.
=== Car ===
There is some public parking in Rungestrasse where c-base is located, but it is always very crowded. Parking your car there is thus not recommended.Accomodation
Berlin has tons of options, from very cheap to plush and expensive. Pick your favourite.
The closest low-end option in walking distance is the A&O Hostel Berlin Mitte, which has both a hotel as well as a hostel: * Hotel: http://www.aohostels.com/en/berlin/hotel-mitte/ (from 32 EUR per person per night in single room, 18 EUR per person in two bed room) * Hostel: http://www.aohostels.com/en/berlin/hostel-mitte/hostel/info/ (from 12 EUR per night in a dorm)
There's also Hotel Alameda a few more steps from the venue: http://www.hotel-alameda-berlin.de/index.php?article_id=1&clang=1